Welcome to the 2023-24 season!
We are excited to start week 1 of games and our K-2 sessions.
GFHoops at a Glance:·
Over 1100 players in the program·
Over 180 registered coaches·
Over 650 house league games (excluding playoffs)·
Over referee assignments: 2,200·
100+ Youth Referees·
Grade Group Coordinators: 11·
Board of Directors: 15·
Number of gyms in use: 9
These are some impressive numbers and the volunteers who are working to bring you this program are just as impressive. Thank you to everyone who offered to coach, be a team parent, be a grade-group coordinator, serve on the Board, etc. This program could not run without our wonderful group of volunteers. We are so fortunate to live in such a giving and caring community.
Please review the items below so that you can help us ensure that week 1 goes off without a hitch!
Fairfax County has very tight gym space availability and strict rules governing their usage so we must be vigilant stewards of these gyms. If we abuse the gyms or gym equipment, we could lose the space and this would jeopardize our program. Please help us to preserve our gym space by reading and abiding by the following rules which are Fairfax County's conditions for our use:
- Only Water in the gyms, no food or other beverages. (sorry- no coffee, even at those early 8am games).
- Label all basketballs and re-useable water bottles. Please remember to take all personal belongings with you when you leave. Any items left at the gym become part of the school’s lost and found. Please call the school as soon as possible if you are missing something as most schools donate the items that wind up in their lost and found after a month or so. Unlabeled items are unlikely to be recovered.
- You may bring your own chair for games. You are not permitted to take any chairs from the school or to move any mats for use as seating. Your options are to bring your own chair or sit on the floor courtside.
- Please remember that each gym is a PE teacher’s classroom. Please do not rearrange any equipment and be especially careful not to erase or in any way alter class materials on the whiteboards in the gyms (please do not lean up against whiteboards as this causes them to erase- be especially careful of this if you are at Great Falls ES where the whiteboards are right as you enter the gym.)
- Enter and exit the gyms only through the gym door entrances-many of these entrances are on the back of the school. No one should be at any location inside the school besides the gym.
Code of Conduct
We are thrilled to be able to welcome back enthusiastic fans. Please remember that your role is to support your team. Supporting your team never includes harassing the referees or your opponents. On our website you will also find our GF Hoops Code of Conduct. There are sections for coaches, players and parents/spectators. Please take a minute and review as it contains important information on the core principles we hope everyone will adopt and abide by. The link to this is provided below.
Code of Conduct
Great Falls Basketball follow National High School basketball rules, adapted for local rules to make the game more appropriate for youth players. All rules by grade, can be found on the homepage of the website under the HOUSE tab. This year new High School rules were adopted with regards to player fouls and the awarding of free throws and Great Falls Basketball will also be adopting these new rules. Please take a moment to click on the link below to familiarize yourself with the new rules as they are quite different.
Good luck to all the teams and let the games begin!